Skip to content
Smoky Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (20 oz.) can unripe jackfruit, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Wright’s® Liquid Smoke
- Optional for serving: buns, lettuce wraps, tortillas, sliced cabbage, sliced radish
- Prepare jackfruit by pulling or shredding the pieces with your hands, discarding any harder pieces of the core.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook onion 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add jackfruit and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors. If sauce is too thick, stir in a little water to desired consistency.
- Serve jackfruit on buns topped with slaw or serve in lettuce wraps or tortillas.