Skip to content
Smoky Korean BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken wings
Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Wright’s® Hickory Liquid Smoke
- sliced green onions
- sesame seeds
- Preheat air fryer to 380° F. Spray basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cornstarch and salt and toss with chicken wings until evenly coated. Shake off excess cornstarch and arrange evenly in one layer in air fryer basket.
- Place in air fryer and cook 20 minutes, rearranging once halfway through cooking, until chicken wings are thoroughly cooked.
- While wings are cooking, combine all ingredients for sauce in small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- When wings are done, toss cooked wings with sauce, garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Tip: For a more mellow sauce use ¼ cup soy sauce and ¼ cup water instead of ½ cup soy sauce.