Skip to content
Smoky Fish Tacos Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound mahi mahi, cod or other firm white fish
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Wright’s® Hickory Liquid Smoke
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Ortega® Taco Size Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Cut fish into 4 pieces. Combine avocado oil, lime juice, cumin, oregano, Wright’®s Liquid Smoke and garlic. Season to taste with salt. Pour marinade over fish and marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove fish from marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook 12 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve fish in warm tortillas and top with your favorite toppings. We like a simple slaw, cilantro and guacamole.