Smoky Bourbon Oven BBQ Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Wright’s® Liquid Smoke
- 8 pieces skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces (about 3 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine barbecue sauce, bourbon and Wright’s® Liquid Smoke. In small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet. If using large bone in breasts, you may want to cut them in half.
- Brush about half of barbecue sauce all over chicken pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and skin is beginning to brown.