Smoky Black Bean and Brussels Sprouts Tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cumin, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, undrained
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Wright’s® Liquid Smoke
- 12 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons oil, chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin and season with salt. Bake 10 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in black beans with their liquid, vegetable stock and Wright’s® Liquid Smoke and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove beans from the heat and mash with fork or immersion blender.
- Spread black beans over warm tortillas and top with Brussels Sprouts. Garnish with pickled onion, cilantro and your favorite toppings.